Monday, November 19, 2012

Old Home Week

Just ran down to our CPS office to drop off a few important things BJ left behind (a brand new inhaler & school library books) and ran into both Baby N & BJ's mom.  2 for the price of one.

I was getting off the elevator when BJ's mom was getting off & it didn't seem like she saw me/recognized me.  That's fine - I suspect she doesn't love us and may have said some stuff to BJ about us - which made our last month with him a little uncomfortable.  Then, after I dropped off BJ's items I was headed back to the elevator and saw Baby N at the end of the hallway with his parents.  I had never met his parents, but Andrea had - but I recognized them from her description.  I wasn't sure if I should say hi, but I did - I had to.  He looks so cute, his hair is growing in so curly and we was super smiley and laughing a bunch.  I am not sure if seeing him gave me closure or made me even more sad.  His parents were very nice - they kept telling me that they wished he stayed with us instead of going to the bio-dad's parents.  They do not get along - but they have their other son who is 18 months old.   But, I am so glad I got to see him.  I really do miss him and ML just said this weekend that he misses Baby N the most. I am glad I can bring home some news of him.

Then, right after I left the building, I saw BJ's mom sitting outside and I knew she saw me this time - so we chatted for about 10 minutes.  BJ is doing fine - his football team is playing in the championship game this Saturday. They are undefeated.  We are all going to go and see him play this weekend.  She thanked us for taking good care of him - she said she knows there are some scary homes out there & was glad he was with us.  She also told me that it looks like BJ's dad is going to be in jail for a lot longer than anyone thinks - he has more charges against him then what was mentioned in the newspaper article about his arrest.  Jail might be the best way for him to keep out of trouble!  Since we are going to see BJ's game this weekend, we'll be able to meet the cousins he's staying with, so that's good - partly because I am super nosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment