Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Yesterday

Get up at 7:00am to say good-bye to Andrea who is headed to a 4 day work conference (oh-no, single motherhood!)

Lay back down for about 30 minutes, then get up and get showered.

7:45ish -set little boys up with a short show (Strawberry Shortcake - I didn't know that was back on!) and get them dressed/fed.

8:15 - wake up BJ for a 9am dentist appointment.

8:30 - Sister L. arrives to take BJ to dentist. Relax with little boys for a bit (after doing dishes, straightening up, etc)

9:15 - get respite boys up and organized.  Find all junk in their room, strip sheets, etc.

9:45 - BJ arrives back home with my sister.

10:00 - respite boys caseworker (ARGH!) arrives & they leave.

10:15 - get laundry started, pack up last 3 boys and head out the door.

10:30 - drop boys off at other sister's (E.) house & head to work.

11:00-5:00 - Work.

5:05 - pick BJ up from visit with his mom

5:20 - arrive at sister E.'s house, get BJ into football stuff, grab little boys, head to practice.

5:50 - arrive at practice, wait until 6:15 for respite boys to show up so I can give them the rest of their uniforms.  They never show up.

6:15 - head home to make dinner.  Sisters E (along with niece) & L show up for dinner.  Surprise visit from my parents!

6:30 - sisters and mom head out the door to check out a venue for Sister E's wedding shower (she hates surprises).  I finish making dinner and dish out food for the little boys, while holding a whining niece and try and hold a conversation with my dad, who is getting annoyed that I am not answering his questions in a timely manner. 

7:00 - everyone arrives back home & we eat.

7:30 - get the boys back in the car to pick up BJ.



8:15 - get BJ some dinner, then get boys all showered, pajamaed and in bed.  Read stories to little boys and hang with them until they fall asleep (a deadly habit we've all gotten into). 

10:00 - finish dinner dishes and throw myself on the couch for 2 glorious episodes of House Hunters.  Ahhhhh.

The next morning.....

Get boys out of the house and over to E.'s house by 8am.  Realize I forgot my work bag at home, go back home to get it, arrive late to work.  Leave a delicious cannoli (given to me by E) in my car - retrieve it b/c I am NOT letting that thing sit in my car and melt. Realize - while walking down the hallway - after saying good morning to a co-worker - that my shirt popped a button, right in an obvious and not very attractive spot.  Face the fact that this is going to be another long day.  Deal with it by eating the cannoli at 9:30.    Then realize you are going to have to start running again in September whether you like it or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment