Friday, October 19, 2012

A normal baby?

Why can't we just get a normal baby who sleeps?  The Baby N woke up crying every hour and a half last night.  He was wide awake babbling from 12:30 am to 2:00 am.  I get so mad at him in the middle of the night and want to say to social services, "Move him!"  I don't really want him moved but he has been having some rough days and nights.  He demands to be held all of the time (which I want to be able to do because I know he needs that kind of attention, it's just hard with the other kids, working full time and trying to get home and get dinner made).

CC has been great.  We couldn't ask for much more from her.  She is pleasant, does everything we ask of her, tries hard in school and tries to incorporate herself into the adult parts of the family.  She still doesn't interact with the younger kids much but I don't know if that is a function of her age or her personality.  Both probably.  She was great last weekend when I needed her to babysit JC at BJ's football game while I worked in the snack stand.  JC was crying and wanted me but she just picked him up and took him away like I needed her too.  She really is a good kid so far. I am fully prepared for the honeymoon to end though.  I will be disappointed but I know it is a possibility.

BJ is probably going to move in with "his mom's cousin."  He has never met these people but he is "excited because they have kids my age."  That feels a little like a slap in the face. All of a sudden he is anxious to move on and is very sullen and grumpy around the house, especially if he doesn't get his way.  It's not really how I wanted to end things and I guess it is up to me to try to turn it around as much as possible and let him know that we are going to miss him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment