Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sick days

Don't get me wrong, I am NEVER happy when one of my kids are sick.  Especially if they are in pain or super uncomfortable.  But, I will admit to occasionally loving a sick day when I am not the sick one.

JC threw up twice the other night.  At a very convenient time of 2 am. All over his sheets. So, both Andrea and I were up, (me, mostly for moral support because I am not good at at dealing with throw up - although I did put the sheets in the wash - without throwing up myself) Andrea cleaning the child and the bed, and me rubbing his back. Then he did it again about an hour later, but it was much more contained that time.

So, due to that and the fact that he felt pretty warm, we knew we could not send him to my sister's house - her daughter is just getting over an illness too (and they haven't seen each other in a week, so I can't blame her!).  This means I got to stay home from work! JC refused to wear clothes yesterday - only a diaper, so I had to bundle him in a blanket and bring him with me to to drop off BJ & Baby N to their schools.  JC threw up on the blanket on the way home.  So, after a bath for JC and doing some quick work-from-home- work we were both bundled on the couch watching Thomas the Tank Engine & we both fell asleep for about 2 hours.

I cannot remember the last time I had a such a glorious nap.  JC was fine the rest of the day, he didn't eat much - just had a smoothie, and even got up to play a bit for falling asleep for a 3 hour nap.  I got to read a book, straighten up a bit, make dinner and relax.  Even if I have a scheduled day off it's never this calm and relaxing because I know those days are few and far between, so I run errands and get stuff done.

I will take a non-scheduled sick day any day of the week (again, as long as no one was harmed in the making of that sick day).


Luckily, that giant bowl was never used

No comments:

Post a Comment