Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mother of Five - Again

I keep telling myself that once we get into a school routine everything is going to be okay and this will be our new normal.  13 year old girl from a disrupted adoption, 9 year old boy with whom we have personality conflicts, the sweetest four year old you could wish for, a stubborn two year old and a 4 1/2 month old baby who doesn't sleep well.  Every one of these children will go to a different school/daycare in the morning and each will have to be picked up from a different place each afternoon.  We are trying to put practices into place that will eliminate as much conflict as possible and will make our lives a little bit easier.  Housekeeper! Instituting odd days and even days for the two big kids where on odd days one gets to sit up front but has to be the dinner assistant and one even days the other one does.  I want to pay CC (13 year old) to fold all the laundry on Sundays and JB (9 yr old) to mow the lawn. 

I am just not sure we are ready to raise a teenager long term, and that is what it is looking like right now.  I wish I could be completely selfless and say that this is what is best for her and we will make it work, and we probably will, but I know there will be a lot of doubts and anxiety along the way.  It is weird but I don't have any anxiety, guilt, or trepidation about the baby.  And I guess that is why things are the way they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment