Wednesday, September 12, 2012

not a "learning experience"

This is going to be random:

A lot of times when I say something to the effect of, "I can't do _____x____ because I have five kids" I feel like people are thinking, "you didn't have to keep taking kids."  I feel less legitimate than if those five kids were all biological.  That is ridiculous.  In this day and age no one "has" to have five kids.  I am as much a legitimate parent as anyone else is. 

CC keeps telling people that I am her mom (she doesn't call me mom, just introduces me as her mom) and it both melts and breaks my heart every time.  Given all that she has been through and the lack of mentoring/parenting she has had she is really an amazing kid. 

So far I feel like every foster care placement we have taken up until now has been "a learning experience"  aka - a mistake, as in, "we wouldn't do it again."  With CC I feel like we are actually helping a kid who needs us and it is a win-win situation for everyone. 

I am off to Quaker "meeting for worship" where I will probably reflect on this further in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment