Friday, September 7, 2012

You cannot make this stuff up

Last night I needed to pick up diapers at Walmart (I am not a walmart hater.  They are what they are.  I recently found out that Target has some anti-gay practice but I don't remember the specifics).   I took Baby N to free up some Kristin time and I casually mentioned to her as I was leaving, "What if I see his parents there?"  She said, "That will never happen."  So I am walking through walmart with Baby N in a hippie sling and I see a white woman and a black man pushing an empty baby stroller.  They sort of did a double take on me and then walked down the next aisle.  I immediately knew it was them. They came back and the mom said, "I don't want to freak you out but we are his parents."  I passed Baby N over to them for a few minutes, they talked to him and held him and then said, "we are in a hurry" and off they went.  I abandoned my cart and left the store because the lines were really long and I didn't want to have to wait in line and make more small talk. I mean, you really can't make up stuff like this.

1 comment:

  1. Target has been cleared of the anti-gay thing. You may continue shopping there.

    ReplyDelete