Monday, September 10, 2012

Court

All three kids have 3 different court dates this week.  Yikes!  Here is a run-down of what I think will happen - and maybe next week I will write about how totally wrong I was.

CC: she is going to talk to the judge about her case.  As of right now court has ordered her worker to find her an adoptive home.  She has said that she does not want to be adopted but she wants to age out of the system.  I understand her feelings - she's been in some bad situations, both in foster care & her one adoptive placement - but I also think it's a hard decision to make at 13.  She still has a while to go in the system!  She said she was nervous about the judge, but I explained that he will listen to her and take her feelings into consideration (I hope!) but will end up deciding what he feels is best for her at her age.  She is not in trouble, so the judge isn't angry or upset with her (that's how she feels). I don't want to her freak if the judge decides they have to continue searching for a new adoptive home for her.  She knows we are here for her as long as she needs in this process.

BJ: I know that for this case they are trying to lower the dad's visits from 3 hours a week to 1 because he is a constant no show.  I think that will happen.  I also know that they are going to recommend that BJ is moved to his aunt's house as soon as she gets approved and not wait until the next court date.  I hope that happens for him - I think it's the best plan for him to be successful.  I think his dad will flip out at some point during the proceedings (he seems to think he's going to get him back, even though he's done NOTHING in his plan). Plus, he said he would fight the move to the aunt's house - since she is in another state - and he'll "never get to see him." Dude, you don't see him now, you never come to visits now - what's the difference? Also, how about fighting to get him back instead of fighting any progress for your son to move forward? I am not sure about his mom, she was making progress, but now there are rumors that all may not be going as smoothly as we thought.  So, all I hope for this case is that they can move forward with the aunt soon.  I think though, they may end up giving the mom more time & longer visits and stretch this out for months.  Again.

Baby N: I think for his case they are just going to give the parents their plan and set up visits.  I don't think much will happen here.  Although there is the SLIGHT chance that he will go home.

Check back next week and see if I am psychic! Or just crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment